Portraits capture the image and feelings of a person at one point in time. Never to be experienced before. We offer portraits in Oil, Ink, Watercolor, Acrylic and Graphite. Prices range from the size of the art to the number of people in it.
A simple head graphite portrait is $200. A large oil portrait can be $5,000. These are heirloom art works and its important to decide who will inherit the art eventually.
Lynette comes from a family of portrait artists. Her mother was an award winning artist who painted among other notables, John Wayne. Her great uncle painted nobility in europe and society portraits. He also worked with Norman Rockwell and had studios in Laguna Beach and Hawaii. Lynette had art studios in So Cal, CT and FL.
Lynette was trained early and painted in Paris, Rome, Chicago, LA, CT and FL. Her portraits are in public and private collections. She particularly likes painting mother and child.
Ovation TV noted Lynette Wood's painting of Anna (a commission) as an example of "real art".
Steps to a portrait.
1. Agree on the person, position, size of the painting, medium, time and price. Contract starts with a 50% deposit.
2. Photography is taken or received. Artist and client agree on image to be used. Art from a live sitting is also possible.
3. Client is offered sketch of final painting before beginning.
4. Painting is done. Client comments. Final 50% is delivered.
5. Painting is insured and delivered.
If you are unsure of what medium to have the portrait done in, the artist can suggest it. Your budget will suggest a medium and a size. The important thing is to capture the image now as a portrait. Because next month or next year she will look different. Even a graphite drawing is a good beginning portrait.
A portrait is waiting to be painted. Lets capture the moment.